Starfitts Lane, Kirkbymoorside
Offers in Excess of £1,075,000
5 bedroom Detached House for sale: Starfitts Lane, Kirkbymoorside
Offers in Excess of £1,075,000
- Period Country House with former Chaffeur's Cottage, Stables, Manege and paddocks
- Howkeld House, is understood to have been designed by the renowned architect Walter Brierley
- Beautifully presented 4/5 bedroom detached family home
- Contemporary designed two bedroom detached former Chauffeur's Cottage
- Three Stables, hay store, double garage incorporating resistance swimming pool, with attached workshop, and courtyard
- All weather manege 30m x 17m
- Paddock in front of with water laid on
- By separate negotiation further approx 3.2 acres with three fileld shelters, water laid on, approx 3 miles away, Nr Harome.
- Paddock: See video of paddock in front of the house in use winter and summer https://youtu.be/_fKJ-K5Vycg
Situated in an outstanding location with views over- looking a ha-ha, the paddock, parkland and open countryside can be found this substantial period country house, understood to be designed by the renowned architect Walter Brierley.
Howkeld House stands on approximately one acre, which includes the paddock and is now a sympathetically modernised five bedroom residence with stone elevations enhanced by beamed ceilings, stone quoins and stone corbelling. There is also a delightful two bedroom detached former Chauffeur’s Cottage (pandemic excepted), was let successfully as a holiday cottage. Within the substantial courtyard there is a stable block with three stables, a hay store, double garage incorporating a resistance swimming pool and an attached workshop. An all weather manege 30m x 17m.
By separate negotiation an approx 3.2 acre paddock with three field shelters, with water laid on, is situated within three miles near Harome.
Within a short drive of the North York Moors National Park and the ancient market towns of Kirkbymoorside and Helmsley. The city of York and coastal resort of Scarborough and Whitby are easily commutable. Kirkbymoorside has an 18 hole golf course and sports facilities.
Tenure: We understand the property to be freehold. Vacant possession will be given on completion.
Services: Mains water and electricity are laid on. Oil fired central heating for the main house. LPG gas fired central heating system for the Chauffer’s Cottage Septic tank drainage.
Energy performance rating: Howkeld House Band F. Chauffer’s Cottage Band G.
Property tax: Band G
Paddock: See video of holding paddock in use winter and summer https://youtu.be/_fKJ-K5Vycg
Paddock near Harome approx 3.2 acres with water laid on, three field shelters, by separate negotiation
Need to sell your own property?
Contact Peter Illingworth on 01751 431107 for no-obligation advice.
Need advice on buying through another agent?
Contact Helen Shaw on 01751 431107 for an independent inspection by an experienced Chartered Surveyor, backed up by the RICS HomeBuyer report.
Strictly by appointment through the Agents Kirkbymoorside Office, 16 Market Place, Kirkbymoorside, York. Tel: 01751 431107.
Joint Selling Agents:
Humberts - York Tel 01904 611828
Tel: 01751 431107